Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My first 5k!!!

I ran my first ever 5k race on Saturday for the West Haven Days! I've never been able to run a mile without gasping for air, so this was a challenge for me! My goal was to run the entire thing no matter how slow I was. I ran in 33 minutes and only stopped once to re-tie my shorts! I was so proud of myself! Sam also ran it and got 2nd place in his age group. Such a show-off! Sam's sister, Alexis, also ran and got 6th place for her age group. I didn't even look to see what I got! I didn't really want to know! So next comes the 10k for South Weber Days in August, and after that the Las Vegas relay in October with 11 other co-workers/friends! I can't wait! I'm hooked on this running thing!
The only down side to this blog is I totally forgot my camera, so no pictures of me sweating to death! But this picture tells it all, I am so happy I did it and I am so happy it's over!
http://view.picapp.com/default.aspx?term="running jogging"&iid=4654084" target="_blank">London Marathon

4 comments:

Jody Neeley said...

Good for you Trish!

shauni said...

Way to go Trisha! That's awesome. I agree, the running thing is addicting. I've been thinking about doing the South Weber 10K too- maybe I'll see you there,

bottspot said...

Congrats! You Rock!

The Teeples Times said...

Way to go! That is a huge accomplishment!!