Monday, May 23, 2011

1st half marathon...

I ran my first half marathon yesterday! I can't believe I did it!!! I never thought in a million years, I would be able to run 13.1 miles at one time and still be walking! The Ogden half marathon was really awesome! I liked the course because it was slightly downhill most the way. It started in Eden, runs around Pineview Reservoir, down Ogden Canyon, and ends on 25th street. BEAUTIFUL! I actually think getting up at 4 am was the hardest part. I ran it in 2 hours and 24 minutes (average pace of 11 minutes/mile). Not my fastest run, but the fact that it's only been 5 months since having Cruz, not too shabby for my 1st half marathon. I hope I can get faster the more I do it! Here's a toast to my 1st half marathon! Ogden did me proud!!!

No comments: